Friday 20 July 2012

Review: Vampires, Banshees and Angels

Vampires, Banshees and Angels contained four previews for: The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa, My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent, Dark Kiss by Michelle Rowen and The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross. The sneak peeks were longer than those given on the internet and gave me a good idea of what the characters are like and where the storyline will go. I have already read The Immortal Rules and The Girl in the Steel Corset, two fantastic books that I loved very much, because of this I was very excited to see what My Soul to Take and Dark Kiss is about seeing as they are grouped together.


My Soul to Take had a very intriguing beginning, showing Kaylee as a normal teenage girl who has a crush on the popular guy who wears through girls faster than his clothes. At a club she sees a girl she's never seen before and has a strange 'dark' feeling about her. Soon she starts screaming her head off and reveals that she thinks the girl she saw was going to die. A heartstopping beginning to My Soul to Take, this preview made me hungry for the whole book. I will definitely go read My Soul to Take.


Dark Kiss is a fascinating story so far, Sam is just another girl with a huge crush on someone older and unobtainable, until he gives her a breathtaking kiss. Literally. Stephen is two years older than Sam, he's a sexy, popular guy that has girls kneeling at his feet. After he kisses Sam, she faints. One minute later she wakes up and finds herself starving, walking with her friend she searches for food and finds that all the guys around seem to have a sudden romantic interest in her (including her best friend's ex), as if she suddenly became beautiful and irresistible. This little teaser leaves me dying to see what Sam has become and whether or not what she was craving was food or something else. I can't wait to read the full book.


I have read the Immortal Rules before this and the sneak peak from the Immortal Rules is the longest. My review of The Immortal Rules can tell you more about this book and my feelings on it, but in case you don't want to go read that, I have to say that I absolutely loved this book and its full of amazing action and magnificent guys. Reading this sneak peak has me desperate to re-read the whole book again, Kagawa is a fabulous writer whose books I absolutely love.


I read the Girl in the Steel Corset a while ago but the preview helped me remember what happened in the book. Finley is a good girl with a dark side, she is literally two different people in one body. When Lord Felix attacks her, her dark side comes out to play and she may just have murdered a man. Duke Griffin, a wealthy yet very unusual man accompanied by a small group of even more unusual people, finds Finley and helps her. The theme of Steampunk is very interesting to read and also very creative.This preview has made me wish to re-read the Girl in the Steel Corset as I had read it a long, long time ago. However I can tell you that this book is a very enjoyable read and something very special.


Thank you to NetGalley and Harlequin who sent me this lovely collection of previews.

No comments:

Post a Comment