Friday 10 August 2012

Review: Tiger's Voyage

Book Three of the Tiger Saga (therefore contains spoilers for the previous books)

With the head-to-head battle against the villainous Lokesh behind her, Kelsey confronts a new heartbreak: in the wake of his traumatic experience, her beloved Ren no longer remembers who she is. As the trio continues their quest by challenging five cunning and duplicitous dragons, Ren and Kishan once more vie for her affections--leaving Kelsey more confused than ever. 

From the beginning of this book, I knew I was setting my heart up for breaking. Tiger's Curse was the beautiful start of this series whereupon I fell in love with Ren, Tiger's Quest was the amazing sequel that rocked my world and made me fall head over heels in love with Kishan, Tiger's Voyage is where everybody's love is tested and everyone's heart is made to be broken. By the end, I can safely say that I have not died, but was standing on my tippy toes on the edge of the cliff waiting for a breeze to knock me off.

Kelsey loses a lot of my respect in this book, since it's been ages since I read the last two, I can't remember if I liked her that much in them or if I've always kinda disliked her. She leads and uses her men without thinking of them and at the end, I felt like she didn't deserve to have neither boys' love. Kishan is the patient, loving man at her side and I don't think a book character has ever captured my heart and then crushed it in one go before. Throughout the whole book I loved him, and I hated him for being so real and worthy of love because I knew I was giving my heart to the man who has near no chance of winning this love battle.

Ren... my love for him was non-existent at the end of the last book but this book just made me feel so sorry for him. Kelsey pushed and pressured him to love her, punishing him whenever he didn't do something right, and I hated having to watch him suffer like that. But then I could also say that I hated him for moments in this book, in fear of giving too much away, I'll give one example: Ren likes Kelsey with long hair and when she wants to cut it off shorter because it's easier to manage, Ren threatens anyone (including Kelsey) that wants to cut it and pretty much forbids her from cutting her own hair.

Finally the dragons, I absolutely loved this book because of the wonderful tasks they had to go through with the dragons. My favourite would have to be the Green, Gold or White dragon, I can't quite choose. Houck's writing is still so fun to read and I loved this book. Since I can't remember what really happened in the last two books, I can't say which I like best out of the three books but overall this series is awesome and I'd recommend it to those who love adventures and magic.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment