Thursday 27 September 2012

Review: Tiger's Destiny

Book Four of the Tiger Saga (therefore contains spoilers for the previous books)

With three of the goddess Durga's quests behind them, only one prophecy now stands in the way of Kelsey, Ren, and Kishan breaking the tiger's curse. But the trio's greatest challenge awaits them: A life-endangering pursuit in search of Durga's final gift, the Rope of Fire, on the Andaman Islands in the Bay of Bengal. It's a race against time--and the evil sorcerer Lokesh--in this eagerly anticipated fourth volume in the bestselling Tiger's Curse series, which pits good against evil, tests the bonds of love and loyalty, and finally reveals the tigers' true destinies once and for all.

I had loved reading the first three books of this series, especially the second one. Ren was my favourite in Tiger's Curse and then in Tiger's Quest I fell helplessly in love with Kishan and Ren revealed himself to be the over-protective man (I generally hate over-protective guys). I was looking forward to this book, but also scared of how this will end and who Kelsey will choose in the end.

Throughout the series my respect for Kelsey sank and sank in each book, she slowly becomes a selfish coward who harms everyone who loves her in an attempt to keep herself happy. This book and the way she treats Kishan and Ren completely ruined all the likeness of her and in the end I couldn't help but hate her. I didn't like the ending, and I didn't feel like Kelsey deserved to be happy after all she had done. Her disregard for people's feelings just makes me so annoyed and frustrated that two loving men such as Kishan and Ren would ever fall so completely in love with her.

I don't know what the next book will be about and I'll read it although right now I don't really know how I feel about the series any more. The ending could have ended the whole series here and I have no idea whether the next book will redeem the series or make it worse. This review is short because I don't want to ruin anything for anyone and everything I want to comment on can spoil things for others.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment